Was on a Zoom call last night with some friends reminiscing about the olden days of needing a code to sign up for Livejournal and in general being old and weird. How about you? Glad to see you're still out here, keeping the lights on!
I'm good! Also old and weird, but that's nothing new (especially the weird part).
You say "keeping the lights on" like it's just me or something. :) DW is actually a pretty happening place! I mean, it's not LJ circa 2006 (which I am not entirely convinced that I would want it to be, with the benefit of hindsight on those days) but there's lots of stuff here. I've been writing a lot and signing up for many fests. It's good times.
Not very many people on my reading list have posted much recently but, to be fair, I fell off the face of the earth a few years back and haven't kept up with a lot of people in general (went into a grad program for teaching and never got less busy). I think I started this thing to reserve the name so they'd match and then didn't really look at it!
2006 LJ.... there's things I'd leave and things I'd take.... for sure. Glad the 100x100 vintage icons will NEVER change though. Truly an evergreen format.
Haha, yes... 100x100 for life, even if it looks a lot smaller than it used to.
Also, since we're here, random dumb question: How did we end up friending each other? It was so long ago that I can't remember at all. Were you sort of peripherally in fandom or did we have a mutual friend or what?
I followed a few people who did HP art but I have a strong feeling that I friended you because you were posting about linguistics stuff. I really don't remember other than that!
Ahh, that was probably it. I did used to post about conlang stuff pretty regularly, though not in a long time. I tend to assume people aren't interested, but maybe that's not true! I remember getting more response than I expected when I used to post it on LJ, at least if it involved scripts so there was something pretty to look at.
no subject
Date: 2020-05-07 04:18 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2020-05-07 04:36 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2020-05-07 01:01 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2020-05-07 04:02 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2020-05-07 05:59 pm (UTC)You say "keeping the lights on" like it's just me or something. :) DW is actually a pretty happening place! I mean, it's not LJ circa 2006 (which I am not entirely convinced that I would want it to be, with the benefit of hindsight on those days) but there's lots of stuff here. I've been writing a lot and signing up for many fests. It's good times.
no subject
Date: 2020-05-09 06:21 am (UTC)2006 LJ.... there's things I'd leave and things I'd take.... for sure. Glad the 100x100 vintage icons will NEVER change though. Truly an evergreen format.
no subject
Date: 2020-05-11 05:53 pm (UTC)Also, since we're here, random dumb question: How did we end up friending each other? It was so long ago that I can't remember at all. Were you sort of peripherally in fandom or did we have a mutual friend or what?
no subject
Date: 2020-05-11 07:36 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2020-05-14 01:55 pm (UTC)